Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Creating Ridiculousness!

Over the holidays, my sisters and I decided to make a movie.  
Not just any movie, but something really special. 

Let me explain.

Since I can remember, my family has listened to the synthesizer-tastic Mannheim Steamroller Christmas albums.  We grew up feeling very dramatic and wonderful whenever this music would play.  Therefore, the band's "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" was the obvious choice for a little holiday parody.  To be more specific, the credit needs to go to my sisters Aubrie and Heidi, who conceptualized everything and wrote the script.  

I think that creating ridiculousness keeps me feeling alive and vibrant.  This kind of thing lifts my entire soul and makes me laugh, dance, and sing around the house.  I can't think of anything more fun than filming a stupid music video with my sisters, then laughing our heads off editing the footage with a glass of red wine in our hands.  

I want to put the invitation out there: If anyone wants to play and is lacking the necessary bff, brother, or sister, please call me!  I'd love to laugh with you!

Here are some outtakes from filming, as well as the DVD cover we created at 2:00 in the morning:

Cover of our amazing DVD.  (We used to be home schooled and mercilessly jab at it whenever possible).

Isn't Heidi's hair amazing?  

Aubrie was a little gender confused.

This one has nice angles, but lacks proper uncomfortableness.

Aubrie's thighs were burning, but look effectively green and shiny.  Don't you think?

Trying to appear as awkward and uncomfortable as possible.  Don't you kind of cringe when you look at this?  I hope so.

I particularly love how my thighs appear massive because of how tightly I was clenching the wall.  Gorgeous.

This one needs no words.  It just speaks for itself :)
And here is the amazing result! Again, please let me know if you are in need of a really good laugh.  I would love to create something like this with you!

Happy Holidays!

Katie

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweet jesus people!! I particularly like Aubrie's hair. Did you steal those outfits from the Golden Girls? You totally rock. :) Love the quotes on the DVD cover.
    I love you all with all my heart!!! :) Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look HOT!! Ahaha! I can only imagine how awesome your family reunuions are! :) Laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete