Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Filming: "Picture Hope"

I'm in the middle of a film project that I'm BEYOND excited about.  It's the second film that I have written the screenplay for, directed, and filmed with my Canon 5D Mark II.  Actually, my Kevin helped me film "Second Sense" (I'll post the video and some pics later) and the fabulous Shaun Labrecque helped me out with this project; in particular, the crucial closing shot that will hopefully cause the audience roll up in the fetal position and cry.  

So I'll be posting the finished film after the competition, but until then I wanted to share some stills from the shoot and explain what it's all about.  The competition is benefiting Dixie Care and Share which is the only homeless shelter in our area.  The shelter has come close to closing its doors because of a lack of operational funding, which is truly terrible and scary.  My film will highlight this problem by giving information about the shelter and statistics on homelessness in our area, while hopefully touching people's hearts through a nice little visual story and beautiful music.  My cast includes my daughter Lux, my niece and nephew Eva and Jordan, and my little sister Aubrie.  

I can't wait to share it with you!

Aubrie and Lux






Beautiful Sun flare that night.

Shaun and our scrappy rigging :)

Finished!
Stay posted for the finished film and come to the Westates competition!

4 comments:

  1. SO COOL!! I loved seeing Lux! She is getting so big! The pictures were a bit sad, but I know that was the point. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for all the creativity that's just bursting from you. Is there a way to be notified as you post new pieces? I want to be aware but I'm not seeing how to do it. Can't WAIT to see our film!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,

    I am always so amazed by you and your creativity. You make me want to be more creative. love your blog so far!!!

    Love ya! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great cause to promote! It's so awesome that you use your wonderful talents to highlight these important social issues. I can't wait to see the film.

    ReplyDelete